- Data Hub Framework
- Learning DHF
- Understanding DHF
- Create Project
- DHF Glossary
- DHF on GitHub
Harmonizing Your Data
Harmonization is the process of creating a canonical model of your data using only the parts you need and leaving the rest as-is. Harmonization can be as simple as keeping the data as-is or as involved as you want to make it.
The following might be performed as part of the harmonize step:
- Standardize dates and other fields
- Enrich data with additional information
- Extract important data into indexes for faster searching
- Leverage semantic triples to enrich your data
- Denormalize multiple data sources into one document
While not all of the above are explicitly harmonization tasks, they typically happen during this phase.
Create a Harmonize Flow
There are several ways to create and run Harmonize flows.
- QuickStart - A user interface for developing with DHF. Use QuickStart if you want to get started with DHF quickly. (QuickStart is not supported for production use.)
- Gradle Plugin - The Gradle plugin allows you to interact with the DHF from the command line.
- Java Library - A library for running harmonize flows from Java programs.
- REST - MarkLogic exposes RESTful APIs for harmonizing via HTTP REST calls. Use the REST API if you need to harmonize data from a non-Java application.